ISW conducts Annual General Body Meeting & Elections 2012
ISW conducted its ISW General Body meeting on Sunday, January 29th at the India Center. At the event - The General Body approved the election of two new members to the board of trustees.
The event began with a "State of ISW" address from Mr Shri Garg, ISW President, followed by updates from The Chairman of the Board of trustees, Mr Pradeep Sharma. The Treeasurer Mr Prabhakar Jain updated the general body on the financial health of the society .
This was folloed by short updates from all of the ISW committee chairs on the activities of their committes over the past year.These included:
- Cultural School Committee Mrs. Esha Bawa
- Humraahi Mrs. Pushpa Joshi
- IYG Ms. Amisha Nehra
- Membership Committee Mr. Hemant Shah
- Web / IT Committee Mr. Hemant Shah
- Religious Committee Mrs. Meera Gupta
- Cultural Committee Mrs. Bhavna Srivastava
- India Center Committee Mrs. Neena Mohanka
- Crisis Committee Mrs. Usha Verma
- Free Health Stop Dr. Sahdev Passey
Even for long standing ISW members - it was a great to see the breadth of the activities of the society - catering to everyone in the community fron the cihldren of the cultural school to the senior citizens of Humrahee. One could not help but be impressed with the maturity of the society.
The updates were followed by elections to fill 2 positions in the board of trustees. The AGM electecd 2 long standing members to the board :
- Mr. Rajiv Dayal who has served as the treasuerer for ISW for many years and
- Mr. Hemant Shah who has chaired the Web-IT committee and the Membership Committees for several years.