India Center FAQs
1. How do I reserve the hall and when is the payment due?The hall will be reserved in your name only after we receive your application form along with half of the rental payment. This can be done as soon as you make the decision of renting the center. You can also temporarily reserve the hall with a phone call. If we get another renter for the same date we will ask you to confirm the date within 48 hrs. or you will lose that date.
The other half of the rental payment and the deposit check is due before the event.
2. What happens to my deposit check?Your deposit check is held with ISW representative. After the inspection of the center at the end of the event, it is “VOIDED” and mailed back to you.
3. What is the deposit check for?The deposit check is for any damage to the furniture and for cleaning charges if the place is not left in a clean condition.The replacement cost for the tables are $100.00 each, the blue chairs are $50 each and the folding chairs are $30.00 each. Cleaning charges range from $50 to $200 depending on the condition the hall is left in.
4. Can I get any discount on the rent?We do offer discounts to ISW member(s) and ISW Life member(s) for one rental per year. You can become a member online by clicking here or click here to download a form and send it back to the address in the bottom of the form to become ISW member(s).
5. Can I use the Music system?The music system is not available to the renters. It is only for ISW use.
You can, however, bring your own system.
6. Can we use the Kitchen and What is available in the kitchen?Yes you can use the kitchen to warm or cool food but not to cook a meal. It has a stove, a microwave, a refrigerator and a small oven.
7. Can I bring in food from outside? Can I bring Non-veg items?Any type of food from any vender is allowed in the center. At renters’ request, we could suggest some caterers who have served ISW in the past.
8. Can I serve alcohol?You are allowed to serve alcohol in moderation. Please make sure your guests are able to drive after the party. It is your responsibility to ensure that guests drink in moderation and that there are designated drivers who don’t drink and drive.
9. At the end of the event, how should we leave the hall?We ask you to leave the hall as clean as you receive it. ISW will deduct cleaning charges should the hall require cleaning.
The kitchen should be left without anything on the counters. The floor should be left in decent condition. If you spill something, Please clean it.
Bathroom should be left in usable condition. Please clean any of the toilet paper and such from the floors.
The garbage bags should be securely tied and thrown away in the dumpster in the back of the building. Please do not leave any trash around the dumpster since it attracts the wild animals.
Please put away the furniture as follows.
Please put all the blue chairs against the walls all around the room in single row. All the round tables should be stacked on the right side of the hall (next to the main entrance) in three stacks not more than 5 tables in each stack. The rectangle tables should be stacked under the kitchen window. All the tables’ white side should be facing out. The folding chairs can be neatly stacked on the left side of the main entrance.
10. Does ISW provide any table cloths or center pieces for the tables?The renters are responsible for all the table cloths for round and rectangle tables. The rectangle tables are 3.5’x 7.5’ (table cloth 54” x 108” will fit perfectly) and Round tables are 58” in diameter (table cloth 84” in diameter will fit).
11. How much furniture does India Center have?We have 12 round table, 8 rectangle tables, 60 Blue cushioned chairs and 60 folding chairs.
12. Do I need to bring bathroom supplies?NO. We provide you all the toilet paper and paper towels. There is a changing table in the ladies rest room too.
13. Does ISW provide any Paper products?NO. We ask you to bring all your paper products. We give you a roll of paper towel for the kitchen. If you think you might need more, please bring with you. We also try to give you 6 large trash bags, but if you think you might need extra, please bring with you. It is also a good idea to bring some ziplock bags to take left over food home.
14. Does the hall have air conditioning?Yes, the hall has A/C. There are 3 thermostats in the big hall and one outside in the foyer.
Please consider this as your own community center. Please help us maintain it as you would your own home.