Log in

Your Unclaimed Property

11 Oct 2021 10:54 PM | Anonymous

By Rajesh Khare

You or your family members might have some unclaimed property in the custody of the Massachusetts State Treasury and it's easy to search and claim. We will tell you how.

How is that possible?

Maybe someone sent you a check to your old address or a wrong address. Perhaps it was a rebate check, class action settlement, gym refund, employer reimbursement or something else. It could also be stocks or dividends, insurance policies, or the contents of safe deposit boxes. The state holds such property until the rightful owner or heir claims it.

How do I get it?

1. Go to the website of the Unclaimed Property Division of the Massachusetts State Treasury https://www.mass.gov/orgs/unclaimed-property-division

2. Scroll down to "Top actions & services" and click on FindMassMoney.com.

3. Click on "Search for Unclaimed Property" on https://www.FindMassMoney.com.

3. Search for your last name. The search is not pretty but it works.

4. If you find your name, click on "+ CLAIM" and then "FILE YOUR CLAIM".

5. Follow the instructions to initiate the claim.

6. In a few days, you will get an email with instructions from the Unclaimed Property Division.

7. Complete the prefilled form and gather the documentation requested.

8. You can mail it or upload the documents online. Online is easy and fast.

If your claim is approved, you will get a check in the mail soon.

Is this legitimate?

The website link is on mass.gov (step 1 above), so yes. ISW was able to recover a significant amount of unclaimed money for itself and some of our board members did so too. The checks came from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

And finally,

If you do recover some money this way, please consider donating a portion of that to ISW.

©2020 India Society of Worcester, Massachusetts - All Right Reserved. Contact Us      Privacy Policy

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software