India Society of Worcester has encouraged and given women a voice through the platform Women Empowering Women (WEW). WEW celebrated 3rd anniversary on January 13th with Key Note Speaker Anu Chitrapu and Priya Asthana's student performances. Awards for December Walk & Run Competition were also distributed.
2023 Event Recap:
By Swara Gurao
In 2023, WEW had seven outstanding events motivating and inspiring other women within the community.
1. ISW WEW Turns Two Keynote speaker Dr. Manju Sheth
2. Mental Well-Being Discussion Panel: A Positive way to enlightening a healthy life Panelists: Dr. Kalyani Krishnan, Dr. Pooja Saraf and Dr. Ami Popat-Jain.
3. Selfless Community Service Event: Panelists:Shefali Kalyani Desai, Usha Verma, Nagasri Chakka and Sarita Deshpande
4. Rising Up the Professional Ladder: Panelists: Mrs. Anjali Arora, Mrs. Preeti Shah Tandon, Mrs. Anjali Paranjape and Dr. Poornima Tekumalla.
5. Lets Celebrate “HER”: Invited guests were Jaya Pandey, and Zharna Madan and 90s Indian Beatles singing performed by Mrs. Neha Maheshwari Rathi and Mrs. Padma Shenoy.
6. Next Generation Speaks, Life Beyond Academics: Moderated by Trishna Nikte, the panelists were: Ninad Vaidya, Karisma Lavana, Kiara Lavana, Aashi Gupta, and Dhruv Jagan.
ISW-WEW through its core values created a creative environment to encourage meaningful conversations, while inspiring and spreading confidence within the community. Read more on our website