ISW Cultural Committee
The mission of the ISW Cultural Committee is to promote Indian culture within the community. The committee works to organize cultural events, musical concerts, dance events and all other events with multiple artforms to foster the Indian American culture
The Cultural Committee meets as needed to plan and organize events.Past recent events organized by the Committee have included ISW Diwali Annual Cultural event, Diwali event at WAM, Shrewsbury's Got Talent Contest, Harvest Festival, Antakshari and many other events.
What do we do under this committee?
- Initiate and set the date for different cultural programs in the form of events, performances, concerts, collaborations with other organizations in the local community.
- Create an event master plan.
- Plan and establish the program budget.
- Design and craft the format of the program.
- Communicate and coordinate with performers, directors, choreographers for any event.
- Identify and establish collaborative organizations for any event.
How can you get involved in this committee?
There are multiple ways you can get involved in the committee, volunteer for one or many events of ISW. Our team is always looking for some passionate people like you in the community.
- Do you have a passion?
- You can help in our team in creative aspects of event organizing. For eg. initiating and bringing new event concepts, ideas, themes, creating and designing flyers for the events, etc.
- Do you like to read, write books or articles? -
- You can also get involved in writing blogs on different art forms - performing arts, arts such as photography, drawing, painting, conceptual art,etc.
- Do you like to sing, dance, act? -
- You can be a part of our many group performing events such as Diwali, Harvest Festival, India Day, Ganeshotsav, Garba, etc.
- Do you have a special talent in any specific art? -
- You can share your talent on the ISW platform with other enthusiasts by coaching, choreographing, directing the group.
- Do you have publicity and marketing skills? -
- You can help us advertising and marketing our upcoming events via different channels like Facebook, Instagram, Community news papers, Website write ups, etc.
- Do you want to just volunteer for the community? -
- You are very very welcome to work with our team, have some fun working together with the community, for the community and in the community.
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about the Cultural Committee.
Cultural Committee members
- Arathi Cowlagi
- Sarita Deshpande